This recipe is to go along with the duck confit recipe posted a few days ago...
- 200g uncooked Puy or green lentils
- An onion or shallot
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons vinaigrette
- Put the lentils in a saucepan with cold water, then bring to the boil.
- Add the other ingredients and simmer for 10 mins or so.
- Strain the lentils, getting rid of the other ingredients apart from the carrots.
- Add the vinaigrette and season.
On another lentil related note, if anyone has a really good recipe for dhal, I'd love to know it...