Buttons

Friday 9 August 2013

Summer Joys

So, despite being a little glum about the car vandalism mentioned in the last post, the baked cheesecake and these things cheered my spirits...

1. A chance to chill out with a good book, 'The Quiet American' (which is my mind is counting as 'work' as I might teach it next term), some iced tea and a favourite flavour of crisps. Has anyone seen the film of 'The Quiet American' with Michael Caine? Is it any good?

    Yes, this picture of my balcony is not particularly glamorous!

2. Having an early evening wander around the National Gallery with my husband, where, as ever I'm very predictable in my love of pictures involving the sea...

 
Pictures from The National Gallery
3. ...and after the gallery we headed to Wahaca on the Southbank for a drink, some tortilla chips and amazing guacamole.


Hibiscus Mojito

4. One thing I'd love to do is see a really good film at the cinema; there hasn't been much interesting on recently, but I must admit that I'm looking forward to this! Mary Poppins, although a bit odd, definitely exemplifies some of the qualities I'd like to have as a teacher: firm but fair and practically perfect in every way!

'Saving Mr Banks', which will be closing the BFI London Film Festival.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting - I'd love to hear your thoughts!