Buttons

Sunday 18 August 2013

A Musical at Somerset House and a Cheese Board...


My husband always teases me about being signed up to too many email newsletters, but this summer (perhaps for once...?!) it has really paid off as being signed up to Somerset House updates meant we got priority booking for their summer screenings. I'd never been to an outdoor film screening before (it is so often COLD in the evenings during an English summer that they didn't used to happen that much) and this seemed the perfect time to go as they were showing 'Guys and Dolls'. I love musicals and used to have the 'Guys and Dolls' tape when I was little; it probably was also the first musical I ever heard as my parents went to see it in the West End when my mother was pregnant with me (and that probably explains a lot).




You can take supper with you to eat there and considering there's an amazing cheese shop just down the road from where we live I thought it'd be appropriate to take a cheese board and some super tasty bread (I settled on potato and rosemary bread from Gail's).

Here are my picnic cheese board suggestions...



The film, plus the cheese, bread (and later some home made cookies) and a whole pile of blankets and cushions to keep us warm, made a lovely summer's evening!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting, Vett - I highly recommend the cheeses, they were delicious! Have to admit that I took the picture of the cheeses after we'd eaten quite a bit of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting - I'd love to hear your thoughts!